Chances are, if you’ve landed on this article, your teeth are hurting and if you haven’t had your wisdom teeth removed, you might be thinking now’s the time.
Before speculating any further or freaking yourself out (we’ve all been guilty of Googling our symptoms), you should make an appointment at a NovaDental clinic to book in a session with your dentist. They’ll be able to take the guess work out of the situation and provide you with a more accurate picture.
Typically, the first thing any dentist will do is take an X-ray of your mouth so that they can assess what’s really going on.
In some cases, your wisdom teeth may need to be removed. Your dentist may say your wisdom teeth need to be removed if:
- They’re causing damage to your other teeth – An extra set of molars can cause mouth pain and bite problems if they’re pushing your other teeth out.
- Sinus pain – You might not immediately make the connection but nasty wisdom teeth can lead to sinus pain, pressure and/or congestion.
- Gum issues – Tissue around your wisdom teeth can swell, be hard to clean and ultimately cause inflamed gums.
- Ongoing pain – Constant pain has a direct impact on your lifestyle and you shouldn’t have to experience pain every day of your life.
- Other ongoing problems – If they are causing you grief, wisdom teeth can actually undo any other dental work done with braces, crowns, partial dentures and so on.
Ultimately, if you’re experiencing any sort of pain or are concerned about any aspect of your oral health, schedule in an appointment with a NovaDental dentist for full peace of mind.
Call us on 1300 549 750 to make an appointment today.