ROOT CANAL TREATMENT
Like the many medical terms out there, you’re likely to have heard of a root canal. It only makes sense your interest in this treatment is likely to increase if you think you’ve got an issue. So here’s the million dollar question:
Do you need root canal treatment?
Also known as endodontic treatment, we’re dealing with some pretty serious nasties here. When you have an advanced level of tooth decay, the pulp inside your teeth can become badly infected and spread down the root of your tooth. This causes painful abscesses that, if left untreated, can potentially result in tooth loss.
From here, as with any dental treatment, it’s important to follow the correct processes in order to properly examine and identify the issue at hand. A lot of our patients find peace of mind in being armed with knowledge regarding the steps likely to be taken. Here’s what you can expect to happen.
- Your NovaDental dentist will examine your teeth and take any necessary X-rays.
- A small opening is made in the top of the infected tooth.
- The infected pulp is removed from the tooth taking away the nerves and blood flow, leaving your tooth dead. Any abscess will then be drained.
- The canals of the tooth are cleaned and disinfected.
- The empty tooth is filled with Gutta Percha Point filling.
- The tooth is then sealed with temporary restoration to stop reinfection.
- Once the tooth has been successfully treated, you’ll need to return to the dentist to have a permanent restoration or
- crown placed on the tooth.
As you can see here, the process is quite involved and as such, can take up to 4 appointments to complete.
Book an Appointment
Today for Professional Teeth Care
To make an appointment with us, you can either fill out our online booking enquiry form or Call us at