Invisalign dental treatments involve a series of tailor made and individual set of clear aligners that are made for your orthodontic treatments. This innovative technology can straighten your teeth without the need for traditional metal, bulky braces. This solution is ideal for patients who want the perfectly straight results that braces provide, whilst still remaining discreet.
What is invisalign?
This technology is virtually invisible, that uses an innovative approach to effectively straighten your teeth. The Invisalign technology involves a series of custom-made retainers that are completely removable at any time, made for you, and you only. Invisalign can be used to solve a number of dental issues such as underbites, overbites, cross bites, overcrowded teeth and even wide gaps in teeth.
The only step that is required from you is to wear the retainers daily, made from a practically invisible plastic over the entirety of your teeth to slowly and gradually move them into the ideal position.
The most valuable component of this treatment is that no one will know that you are wearing them! You can continue to keep doing the things that you love all while getting you the smile you deserve.
How does Invisalign work?
The Invisalign treatment uses the latest 3D computer imaging technology to illustrate the completed treatment plan, from before the treatment begins, to the final result after the treatment is completed. From this, a series of custom-made retainers are made. Each retainer only remains in the mouth for 2 weeks and gradually moves the teeth into the desired position.
There are only a few steps to implement the Invisalign treatment and achieve the perfect smile!
- Initially, the dental and Invisalign experts at NovaDental will take photos, administer x-rays and digital scans or dental impressions to aid in creating your treatment plan.
- Next, the dentists at NovaDental will create a customised 3D treatment plan based on these records so you can see your final results.
- These custom treatment plans will then be shipped to a manufacturer and back to the dental practice.
- You will then receive your custom retainers from NovaDental. Typically, you will be given 3-4 sets at a time where you will then wear each retainer every day for 2 weeks before moving to the next set of retainers.
- Every 5-6 weeks you will visit NovaDental when the dentists can expertly monitor your progress and you will receive your next set of retainers.
- After you have completed your treatment, you may be given a new night retainer that will help to maintain your new smile and to ensure the position of your teeth remains the same.
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
There are many benefits to the invisalign treatment compared to the traditional method of braces with metal and wires.
- Invisalign is completely clear! Never again do you have worry about feeling self-conscious about bulky metal and wires in your mouth compromising your smile! Most people will not even know that you are undergoing an Invisalign treatment and you can start to see results in just a few months.
- Invisalign is an ideal way to maintain great oral health. These retainers are completely removable so it is easier to clean your teeth. You may brush and floss your teeth as normal and unlike regular braces, you can eat and drink whatever you please.
- Invisalign is comfortable. With this innovative treatment, there are no more wires or metal components that live in your mouth. Mouth irritation from excess wires and abrasive metal brackets are common with traditional braces, but with invisalign, this is a thing of the past and means that you spend less time in the dental chair getting adjustments.
- Invisalign allows you to see the outcome of how straight your teeth will look before you even start treatment. The expert dentists at NovaDental will provide a virtual treatment plan before you even start so you can know the result of the procedure.
- Invisalign gives you the freedom to keep living your busy lifestyle. If you have a big celebration or event where you do not want your invisalign retainers in your mouth, you can simply pop them out and reattach them once you are done!
How is Invisalign more effective than traditional braces?
Invisalign aligners move your teeth through the suitable placement of controlled force to your teeth. The main difference is that Invisalign not only control and maintains the force of the teeth that are being moved, but they also control the timing of the force that is moving your teeth.
With different retainers and with each series of retainers, only certain teeth are allowed to move and the movements of the teeth are decided by the intricate orthodontic plan that has been created for that particular stage of progress. This results in an efficient force delivery system.
If you think that Invisalign is the right option for you call NovaDental today or come into our practice where our friendly staff can assist you and book your next consultation.
Book an Appointment
Today for Professional Teeth Care
To make an appointment with us, you can either fill out our online booking enquiry form or Call us at